VCE Maths Methods Tutoring That Will Give Your Child The Understanding, Skills And Confidence They Need For Their Exams
I’ve helped a lot of students who’ve been struggling with VCE Maths Methods to turn their Maths around and get the ATAR score they wanted.
These students succeeded because with my help they understood all the things in Maths Methods they were struggling with and they put the time and effort into doing enough homework.
If your child likes the way I explain Maths and they do the homework I suggest then I can help them to improve their results in Maths Methods.
Are Any Of These Things Happening To Your Child?
- They’re trying to copy down notes and examples while listening to their teacher’s explanation at the same time and can’t really take in what their teacher’s saying.
- At the end of the lesson they still don’t understand what they were taught which makes it difficult and frustrating when they try to do the exercise for homework.
- Their teacher doesn’t give them enough help in class with the harder questions in each exercise and these are the ones they get stuck on when attempting them for homework.
- They move onto the next section of work and still don’t understand how to do some or all of the questions from the last section.
- Their teacher is saying things like “just use the CAS to work it out” which doesn’t really help them to understand how to do the Maths.
These things make it harder for students and possibly your child to understand the underlying concepts and know what they’re doing when attempting new questions.
The Main Things I’ll Do For Your Child
- Explain the Maths in simple terms so they really understand it.
- Show and explain clearly the step by step solving process they need to use to solve each problem.
- Help them prepare for their upcoming SAC’s and exams.
- Help them to make changes to the way they are doing Methods which may be making it more difficult for them to make progress. eg. poor setting out, not organised and things like that.
With my help and encouragement they’ll be able to turn their Maths around and feel more confident about getting through VCE Maths Methods with the results they want.
As their understanding and confidence improves they’ll be building a repertoire of Maths Methods problems that they CAN do.
They’ll also have the confidence to have a go at harder questions on their own. If they get stuck on these questions they can always bring them to tutoring and have them answered.
As The Year Progresses
I’ll give your child specific advice and suggestions about the types of questions they need to be doing and when they need to be doing them.
This will give them a structured approach to preparing for their tests, SAC’s and exams.
As long as your child puts in regular efforts ie. homework on their own at home then their understanding of Maths Methods will improve even further.
How well they do in their tests SAC’s and exams will depend largely on how much they prepare, how early they prepare and how well they do in test situations.
Getting Started With Tutoring
The first step is to bring your child in for an assessment lesson. For most of this lesson I’ll be helping them with the questions and problems they need help with.
By the end of the lesson your child will have a clear understanding of the problems they were stuck on.
And you’ll both know whether my tutoring will work for your child and I’ll have a good idea as to where your child is at with Maths Methods.
To Make An Appointment Or For More Details
Contact me on 0410 577 469 or use our Contact Form.
For tutoring via Skype click HERE
I’ve Successfully Tutored Students Who Attended These Schools
Haileybury College, Toorak College, The Peninsula School, Padua College, John Paul College, Woodleigh, Balcombe Grammar, Melbourne High School, Mentone Boys & Girls Grammar, Melbourne High School, Lilydale High School, Frankston High School, McClelland College, Elizabeth Murdoch College, Bayside Christian College, St.Leonards, St.Peters in Cranbourne, Frankston Tafe, Kilbreda College, Dromana Secondary College, Patterson River Secondary College, Carrum Downs Secondary College