Finding the right tutor for your child is important. There are a many tutoring programs and private tutors out there. I want to give you 7 criteria or elements that I believe you must have in any tuition service you obtain:
7 Things To Look For When Getting A Maths Tutor.
- A remedial “Back To Basics” Maths tutoring program must be structured in such a way that each lesson builds on the previous lesson.
- Concepts must be explained in a way that your child can easily understand.
- Each lesson must use simple examples so your child will understand the concept and not get confused by having difficult numbers to deal with at the same time.
- It should have basic arithmetic exercises for your child to practice as part of each lesson.
- Operations with numbers that don’t require a calculator should be done without a calculator! This will ensure that your child is constantly practicing and improving their number skills.
- The tutor must be able to relate to your child!
- And perhaps the most important factor is that your child must want to improve at Maths. No matter how good the tutoring service is, it will be unlikely to help produce any meaningful results if your child isn’t motivated.
Having a tutor with these qualities will help your child to:
- Understand, learn and develop Maths skills effectively.
- Become more confident as their number skills develop and improve.
- Be less afraid of making mistakes as their confidence grows.
- Become more willing to have a go at harder Maths questions without the fear of getting the wrong answers.
- And ultimately get better results at school.